Sunday, February 17, 2013

A Great Valentine's Day

No suprises, no fancy supper, no jewelry or flowers.  We've never been that type, and that's just fine by me.  I'm perfectly happy that when I found a newborn heifer calf late at night, that you would climb out of bed, put on your Carhartt's, and meet me in the barn for drying off, bedding in, vaccinating, and getting colostrum to a newborn calf.

Lots of things are different from when we were in college:

-I never thought in a million years that I would own my own pair of white jeans.
-I never knew Brent could be such a good pig snarer.

And, many things haven't:
- We can be ready to leave the house in 10 minutes
- Farming, and specifically livestock, is who we are & what we do
 And, a Valentine's gift of helping save a calf, is a perfect gift!


1 comment:

I encourage you to leave comments, and ask questions to your heart's content. However, please be respectful. I reserve the right to remove derogatory or irrelevant comments.